Wednesday, October 29, 2014

My Halloween Costume: Minion

Hello lovelies, today I am going to share with you my halloween costume for this year and where I got all the bits and bobs from!



I decided this year I was going to go as a minion, which I know isn't very scary but I decided to break the mold a bit. I love minions (maybe a little too much) and it is such an easy costume to put together.


I thought the hardest part would be the dungarees, as I wanted a skirt instead of some shorts but I found exactly what I wanted for very cheap considering what others similar were priced at. I found it here, on a site called Glamourous. As this was not a brand I had heard from before I was a bit skeptical but it soon arrived, sooner than I thought and its good condition too, it is also something I would wear again. 


The rest of the stuff I got from Ebay, gotta love it. The top, hat and tights I bought from all different sellers but I am really pleased how the yellows actually match.

I got each of them here:
And then for the gloves and shoes, I already had these but you can use any kind of black boots and if you don't have black gloves you can get them cheap in places like primark and all sorts.






Now the finishing touches: the one thing lacking in the outfit is the glasses, they do sell minion goggles in Toys R' Us, but as a student I couldn't justify £12.00 on some goggles, so I improvised with some free 3D glasses from the cinema. And as for the Gru Laboratories symbol, I literally just printed it off and safety pinned it on.











I am so excited to go out on Friday and be a minion for the night! Hope this inspires you to dress up too! Please let me know in the comments what you are dressing up as this year, and if you've posted anything about your costume i'd love to read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment