Wednesday, October 8, 2014

DIY Bedroom Decoration

Hello lovelies, I have been ever so busy settling into University again for my final year, i've been back for about 3 weeks now and i've only just got round to properly decorating my room. I used a really simple and easy way of putting up pictures and I thought i'd share it with you guys. 

Basically, i'm just sharing with you a really simple but totally effective way to give new life to your room, and it is super cute, and relatively cheap! I saw something very similar on Pinterest, which gave me the idea. 

You will need:
I've left links to where I got everything from online, but obviously you can feel free to get different types of things etc. 

I started with the hooks, I got stick on hooks as my house is student accommodation therefor I can't just go banging nails into the wall, but if you live at home and you have your parents permission it would be easy to do with nails too. I placed the hooks where I wanted the string to drape down then wrapped the string round each hook. You can play with this until you get the right drape on the string. 

Then comes the fun bit, just putting your pictures wherever you want with the pegs. I decided to use two pegs on each photo as I felt they might have fallen without it, but I think it looks super cute with one just letting the photo hang down. Totally up to you and your style.

Here's what mine ended up like:





I hope this gives you guys some inspiration to do things with your room! Please show me if you do! 

2 comments:

  1. Wow looks great! Love the prints <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so happy with how it turned out :) xxx

      Delete