Tuesday, November 18, 2014

How to get motivated & be productive

Hello lovelies, today is going to be a productive day - I have decided I am going to cram down on all my uni work and I thought before I do that, what could be better than telling you guys about it? So if you are really struggling to get motivated to do work, here are some tips that I always follow that help me! 


  • Don't waste your day
If you are like myself in the fact you sleep in till about 12 when you don't need to do anything, change that! You don't have to get up at the crack of dawn, but maybe 9.30, get ready and feel fresh. You will feel like you have so much more time!

  • Start with your surroundings
I always feel if my room is messy or things are out of place, I never focus as well, so if you are someone that likes to study in your room, then get the place tidy before you start! If like other people you get easily distracted in places like that, go somewhere else - the local library, a quiet cafe, a friends house. Anywhere you feel motivated and less distracted. 

You can also take this a step further, with the other senses, maybe find a scented candle that you like the smell of and only light it when you need to focus, or only eat certain foods (that will help you concentrate) and that way your brain will associate that with a need to focus. 

  • Get organised
Make sure everything you need is in front of you and have a great set up, nothing worse than being in the middle of something, realising you need something and then losing focus and breaking out of your concentration. 

  • Remove yourself from social media
We all know we can spend hours on tumblr, instagram, pinterest, facebook etc. but when you really need to crack down you need to take yourself away from that, and mute your phone and social media's - Just for a few hours, I think we can survive. 

  • Have plenty of food and drink
Make sure you have plenty of water and brain food at hand, you don't want your mind to wonder to how hungry you are. If you want to know what is best to have, I found a post here about top 10 foods to boost your brain.

  • Don't procrastinate
In a way, I guess I am doing that now. Writing this for you guys, but I am sticking to the fact that this will help me in the long run as now I must follow all of these things. But if you are one of those people, like myself, who spend ages making revision notes look pretty with all different colours. Yes, it looks great, but how much time did that actually waste? If you want to do that and it helps you, totally fine, but don't spend hours making mind maps and revision timetables look pretty when you could actually be studying. 

  • Don't forget to have short breaks
When we need to crack down, people tend to forget we can't physically focus for 3 hours straight. We need to have a little break, so go away for 5 minutes, remove yourself from the situation you have been in, avoid social media still and maybe read a book for 5 minutes or go outside for some fresh air. 

  • And lastly, feel accomplished and set yourself little goals.
Instead of writing a massive to do list every day, just set yourself little goals that are attainable every couple of hours. This way you will feel more accomplished and far more motivated to continue, instead of looking at your massive list of things to do and sitting on the floor crying  (We've all been there)

Now with this all being said - Its time for me to actually do something! Hope this helps you be a little bit more productive and feel more accomplished by the end of the day. And let me know what your tips are to help you concentrate (we could all use some more tips)



4 comments:

  1. Wow.. I actually needed that. I just woke up after a long sleep and was going to procrastinate for who wants to study? :P I have exams in a few days and I really need to prepare am inspired to get back to studies instead of wasting my time on social media . Thanks sweetheart <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, i'm really glad I could help! Get your head down and I wish you the best of luck with your exams! much love xxx

      Delete
  2. "But if you are one of those people, like myself, who spend ages making revision notes look pretty with all different colours." .. i am one of those people, smh lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha yep! Need to try and stop that addiction to coloured pens! xxx

      Delete