Monday, December 8, 2014

Zoella 'Girl Online' Book Review

Hello lovelies, So today as well as my blogmas post you also get an extra one! I decided this is something that couldn't be incorporated into my blogmas so it gets it own little post. Today I am going to chat about the ever popular Zoella and her brand new book 'Girl Online'.






So I initially was a bit sceptical when I saw Zoe was bringing out a novel, and I thought the book itself sounded a lot like it was aimed at a much younger audience. (me, being 20 years old) But I saw in Waterstones it had 5 pounds off and I thought why not give it a go.


After Girl Online sold more than 78,000 copies in its first week, and becoming the fastest selling debut novelist since records began, I have to hand it to Zoe. She has done an amazing job! The only thing for me was that I was right about the younger audience, however when I was reading, I picture characters in my head my own way anyway so I just imagined them a little bit older. But in regards to writing style, Zoe has actually done a brilliant job - She kept me hooked. Once I started reading and I finished the book in 3 days! Last time I read something that fast I think it was the last Harry Potter book. Now lets go onto all the talk at the moment about it being ghost written... Anyone who watches her vlogs and follows her on twitter will know she went to so many meetings about her book and was very much involved in the writing of the book, of course she got help with it but who doesn't nowadays. It is her first novel she isn't a perfect writer, but with the help of her team she has done amazingly well, I think everyone needs to stop being so negative towards her and her success.

All in all, I think Zoe should be so proud of what she has accomplished, and although I still enjoyed it I do recommend the age is around 14-17 year olds.


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your opinion, I am 17 so I might be okay with the whole age thing, have asked for it for Christmas nevertheless! :)

    Jade x
    jadethejourno.blogspot.co.uk ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well the characters are in year 11, so thats 17 I think haha, so will be perfect for you :) Let me know what you think about it when you read it after Christmas! xxxx

      Delete