Wednesday, December 3, 2014

DIY: Ripped Jeans

Hello lovelies, just a quick post today that I thought i'd share with you. I'm really into my DIY's at the moment and this one is the easiest one ever!




Recently my friend bought some topshop jeans in the sale, with the ripped knees, which everyone seems to be wearing at the moment. But I didn't really feel like spending 30 odd pounds on a pair of jeans from Topshop. I did find some cheaper ones online but then I never like buying jeans online, I really wanted a pair but I was a bit stuck, until it occurred to me. Something as simple as a rip in the knees is ridiculously easy to do, why are we paying so much for it?

So heres what I did-

You will need:

  • A pair of plain jeans (Old or new)
  • A pen
  • A pair of scissors 



I got my jeans from Primark for only 7 pounds and after doing this they are now my favourite pair!
So I sat down with my jeans on so the jeans were quite stretched out, and drew on them with a normal pen (I wouldn't recommend using sharpie as the line will be too thick and might stain). I drew about a 4cm line on each knee right in the centre of my knee cap. This is the important bit, to look in the mirror and check they are even before you cut, I got my friend to double check too, just to be safe. You might think the line you have drawn is too short and you want a longer slit than that, well I did in the knowledge that they will rip a bit more once I wear them and it will look more ripped than cut when that happens.

So then take the jeans off for the cutting part! And cut them carefully and keep putting them back on and seeing if you are happy with them, remembering they will rip further once you wear them a bit. And that is how simple it is! And I spent a total of 7 pounds.

If this post inspired you to get creative and save some money, send some pictures of your DIY Jeans!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great idea - it seems so silly to pay ridiculous prices for something you can simply do yourself! <3 xx

    nessiehere.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Especially if you feel like the Primark jeans fit you just fine (which they do for me) Think i'd rather be paying 7 pounds than 27! haha xxxx

      Delete